If you’re a blogger then you must have a website or blog. There are times when most of us witness an uneasy process of web hosting renewals. Though some folks find it easy hence, there is nothing much to talk about.
But there are reasons where we keep things out for the public regarding help them and prevent making a wrong decision while renewing web hosts. Most of us either end up paying more for the renewals or pick a host that is undoubtedly the filthiest web host with a not-so-good review about it.
To make web hosting renewals an easy process for you. We have gathered some information with an in-hand experience that we’ll be sharing through the article.
You must have known the fact that Linux-based hosting is cheaper than Windows-based servers. Almost every Linux-based hosting offers you the capabilities of a Cpanel which extends the installation of a WordPress website.
Getting ahead with popular web hosts. If you hunt down the search for a web host you’ll defiantly come across many web hosting companies offering discounts. There are a few we thought to list out for you.
3 Best ways to save money on Web Hosting renewals
1. Buy Web Hosting for longer periods
When you have a plan to look out for another host other than existing web hosting consider these points before you hop on.
- Features: Ensure that you get the best features such as disk space, SSDrive, bandwidth, CPU, memory, SSL certificate, and the most important number of visitors to your website/blog.
- Price: Not a primary concern but the price should be checked for a year or two at a glance.
- Support: Perhaps the most important aspect is supported. Check whether the web host offers phone support, online chat support, or email support.
- Speed: A blog/website generally takes 3 seconds to load completely. Check if the speed is good enough for the fast loading of your website. Although, Google strictly recommends having a web host from a reputed company which would be a crucial factor for search engine ranking and overall user experience.
- Uptime: Generally every Web host claims to offer 99.9% uptimes. And very few are there to maintain the ratio. Read reviews and check from various sites and choose a host that comes to offer better uptime.
If you ask us about the tenure of web hosting. We would suggest you go for a 3-years plan. It will let you save a lot of money on web hosting renewals for WordPress blogs.
- How to Choose the Best Web Hosting Services in 2021?
- Why & How to Get the Fastest Web Hosting Service?
2. Seek discounts from the existing web host
- We all know major web hosting companies offer various discounts to attract more customers. But these discounts cannot be availed by the existing customers. For instance, if you have brought the web hosting for a year and now, it’s due for renewal.
- You must be wondered what shall you do now? You can call them up on phone and let them know if they can offer you some discounts to renew the existing web hosting for another few years.
- It would be an instant success and the web hosting support team has to offer some percentage of discount to retain a customer.
3. Look out for an alternative web host with better features
- If they do not offer any discounts for hosting renewals. It’s time to look for another way else.
- Many web hosts offer discounts at a great price and free migration service.
- You can look consider choosing the best among the above-listed web hosting companies.
- Rushing into buying a hosting without proper research can be awful and choosing the wrong web host often comes with lots of unusual experience and headaches.
- To pick the right one that can fulfil your current hosting needs.
- We would suggest you dig deep and research them out. In case you don’t have time for it you can always go with the above 5 best web hosts.
- A web host offers free migration to save your time and effort they just need your Cpanel credentials to migrate the entire website database to a new host.
- It’s a free process and almost every web host does it for free.
- Know the Benefits of Cloud Hosting for WordPress sites.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I save my domain for renewal?
Most of the Domain registration services are exploring their offers to register new domain names for the newbies. They are giving more discount on first purchase. once you purchase the product, they rise renewal costs. In this track, Godaddy is the biggest money grabber. To save money, better transfer your domain to low renewal pricing registrants like Namecheap and Namesilo. They charge no more than 600 rupees for domain renewals. To know the transfer process, there is a complete guide available on the registered domain service providers. you may follow that to save more money.
Why is domain renewal more expensive?
Domain renewals are not more expensive. The charges are very different from one to another. For example, if you are with Godaddy, you have to pay $18 for .com renewal. In Namesilo, it is $9 only.
What happens to the website when hosting expires?
When our web hosting expires, your site becomes unavailable to your visitors and search engines. finally, your people do not find your site when they search in search engines. Finally, your site ranking becomes zero.
How much does GoDaddy domain renewal cost?
For the first time of domain registration, they charge ₹ 400 to ₹ 500 for one domain for the first year. But their renewal cost is too high. It may be 1100 to 1200 rupees including ICNN charges and GST. When comparing with other domain services like Namecheap and Namesilo, GoDaddy’s renewal cost is more.
What happens if I don’t renew my hosting?
If you did not renew your web hosting within the expiry date, the hosting providers will give 30 days grace period to renew your account. If you did not respond, they will delete all your website data after 30 days of the grace period.
What happens if my domain expires?
When your domain expires, it becomes inactive immediately and all the attached services cease to function. It is available to renew to reactivation as a regular domain anytime.
Can a website expire?
Every website needs a domain name, which the owner must renew annually. Your registrar must send you a notice to renew before the annual expiration date. Even if you are within the grace period, your registrar can charge additional fees for reclaiming your expired domain name.
When a blogger makes the initial steps perhaps, he is not aware of the essential cost involved to set up a self-hosted blog. While this may end up buying a web hosting with unnecessary resources.
- HostGator Review: Best Web hosting for Online Businesses in 2021
- A2 Hosting Review: Is it worthy to buy in 2021?
- WP Engine Review 2021: Is it a perfect choice for WordPress Users
- iPage Review 2021: Best Web hosting for Small Business owners
- GreenGeeks Review 2021: Best WordPress Hosting for Better Experience in Blogging
However, web hosting renewals are high at most times and most of us want to save money. This means when you buy web hosting services for a longer period of time, the price drastically comes down.
Also look for the best web host that has better plans, service, and review out there on the web.