When it comes to web hosting, you will be spoilt for choice. One of the most promising options is cloud hosting. This is a new advancement in web hosting. Cloud hosting is also a term that has been abused by many service providers.
Simply put, cloud hosting means virtual servers that are run on a cloud computing environment. These servers are often referred to as VDS (Virtually Dedicated Servers).
Cloud servers run as software-independent units. This means the cloud server has the software needed to run and it doesn’t rely on any centrally-installed software.
Risks of Cloud computing is very less. Most of the WordPress users are in confusion about hosting service usage. Which services are safe and secure – hosting services vs Cloud services.
For you to be able to tell if a service is truly a cloud hosting service, it must offer the following benefits of cloud hosting:
- Rapid elasticity: With the right service, you should be able to instantly adjust the resources you need to meet your website demand. This means that if you need more bandwidth and more storage, you should be able to get it with ease.
- Resource pooling: The service should offer load balancing features that enable you to maximize resource usage as well as help you achieve high availability.
- Tools and automation: You should be able to automate most of the services and also have a control panel that allows you to manage every aspect of your service.
- Self-healing: The service should enable you to recover from hardware failures automatically.
- Resource visibility: You should be able to see all the resource usage.
- On-demand self-service: Everything should be automated to allow you to make changes on your own.
These are just the key advantages you should be able to get from the cloud hosting service you select. However, it is important to understand that all cloud providers aren’t created equal.
Some will offer more of the aforementioned benefits while others will be lacking in more ways than one. This is why you have to pick a service provider with care, especially if you plan on using Salesforce DX.
So, what are the advantages of using cloud hosting and why should you consider it for your online marketing site?
Benefits of Cloud Hosting for WordPress Users
1. More freedom:
The first benefit you will enjoy with cloud hosting is the freedom to modify your server software to your liking. This means that you can change everything including the operating system kernel. This is something that is not possible with other virtualization solutions like private virtual servers.
2. More stability and security
With cloud hosting, you will enjoy more stability and security. The software issues are isolated from and to the environment. This means that the other cloud servers will not be able to harm you.
If other users end up overloading their servers, this act will not impact your resources since stability is guaranteed. What’s more, is that the cloud servers will not be impacted by hardware issues.
This is a great advantage if you are focused on online marketing. Cloud hosting will help you manage your online reputation sure-handedly.
3. Best stability/ cost ratio performance:
With cloud hosting, you never have to worry about the usual server hardware issues. You will also enjoy innumerable cloud computing benefits. It is stable, fast and secure.
These are the key things that make cloud computing the best option to go with. All you need to do is to pick a service provider that will not disappoint you.